[aspectj-users] Yet another newbie

Hi all (particularly Gregor!). I'm just getting my feet wet with
aspect4j and am tremendously impressed except for this problem, which
might even be my fault. Can someone please advise?

The standalone compiler and the aspect4j eclipse plugin downloaded and
appeared to install in eclipse flawlessly. Had a few problems starting
spacewar.Game (class not found caused by empty project bin directory
apparently) but explicitly rebuilding the project fixed those and the
game now seems to run just fine.

The problem is, the package explorer shows yellow warnings on three
spacewar classes (Display, Display1, Display2), and when these are
opened, they several red alerts show as well that don't appear in the
package explorer view. Its kind of random; some classes show errors when
opened that aren't reflected in the package explorer alerts. Game was
one as I recall.

Is this my fault for trying to dispose of them with the "Organize
imports" option? Do I believe the red alerts (maybe not; the program
runs after all) or the yellow ones? Are these just GUI glitches? Is
something wrong? Am I simply confused?

All this is on Redhat Linux 9.0 with Eclipse 2.1 (according to the
splash screen); the latest according to the upgrade wizard.

And oh, yes: this gets logged as the game is running, possibly the
result of the never ending battle to force Linux key bindings to coexist
with Macintosh habits.

Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Escape,_Key_Cancel" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Home,_Key_Begin" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F1,_Key_Help" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Shift<Key>F10,_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F10,Shift_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>KP_Enter,_Key_Execute" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Alt<Key>Return,Alt_Key_KP_Enter" to type
VirtualBinding

Back to the top