Re: [aspectj-users] a plugin fragment for ajdt

> Can this be done using ant task?

No, this sounds like a nice extension for AJDT to me.

(Speaking in ignorance of AJDT internals) Indeed,
it would be nice if AJDT supported new-aspect components.
The components could declare any classpath additions and
handle the new-aspect customization.  AJDT would load these
from a predefined directory and handle the process of
listing the entry and invoking the component API,
providing a callback for updating the project classpath
and for specifying the aspect file and whether it should
be in the default build.

That would make it possible for people to publish
customizable library aspects, as you'd like, without
having each one be incorporated into AJDT and without
having a flavor of AJDT out there for each such integration.
Very nice.

Wes

feilong chen wrote:

Wes,

Yes, I am trying to automatically generate an aspect(I want to add a new menu item called "new JACK aspect") with selected pointcuts from the library and with default advice which the user can customize; I also want to include the .jar file containing the poingcut library automatically and let the plugin guide the user to include the other .jar file for compilation, at the time the aspect is generated.

Can this be done using ant task?

Thanks!

Feilong