[aspectj-users] RE: Anyone having problems downloading?

I don't know whether my problems are the same as the ones mentioned by Donal, but I did experience some download problems a few weeks ago, trying to get the various releases of AJDT.

I regularly perform individual downloads for manual installs and for some reason the download process usually terminated before it reached the end of the file, resulting in incomplete jar files. The bigger the jar, the more likely it was for the download to stop before the end. It did not seem to be a problem from my system, for I could easily download much bigger files from other sites.

I never had any problems with the org.eclipse.aspectj_1.1.X jars, as they are small (5K, 15K), but it got really serious with the biggest (org.aspectj.ajde_1.1.X.jar): for 1.1.3, out of 25 download attempts, only 2 succeeded in getting the full 6.71MBs, and even in that case I couldn't be sure upfront that the jar was complete, because the download page does not state the exact number of bytes. It would be a good idea for the AJDT page to post the exact sizes.

- Miguel

--
Miguel J. T. Pessoa Monteiro
Ph.D. student Minho University, Portugal

Back to the top