Re: [aspectj-users] java.lang.VerifyError; can not resolve this member warning

Hi:

Vincenz Braun wrote:

> I am using iajc ant task with aspectpath option to weave in some aspects to
> two different libraries separately. The compiler does not complain about
> anything but at runtime I get
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class: xxx, method: insert signature: ([signature])
> Register 21 conta
>
> Is this a bug (a known one)?
> Is there a workaround for this problem?

(Vincenz: to repeat my earlier private email now that 1.1rc2 is out...)

Any VerifyError is a serious bug.

We have already fixed some that were in 1.1rc1; search
the bug database for those:
       http://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/query.cgi
http://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=AspectJ&component=Compiler&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=VerifyError

You can also try the fixes by downloading release candidate 2:
  http://eclipse.org/aspectj
  http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ajdt/aspectj-1.1rc2.jar

If you do have this VerifyError in the updated compiler,
we'll definitely want to fix it before the final 1.1 release.

If you can reproduce this with 1.1rc2, please submit a bug to

    http://dev.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AspectJ

Thanks -
Wes

Back to the top