[aspectj-users] Intertype Declaration for only one target ?!?!?!?

Hi all,

I just read the readme of Version 1.1beta4. There is read "One target
for intertype declarations"......and am totally confused.......

I mean AspectJ is about handling crosscutting code......code that
appears in more than one "target". Restricting intertype declarations to
only one target seems to be absurd in that way....because it says
"modularize the crosscutting method and field definitons of exactly one
class". But inside only one class there are no crosscutting field or
member definitions.....

I agree that very often the "container introduction" idiom is used, i.e.
introducing stuff to an interface and then introduce this interface to a
class. So often it looks like as if there is only target of a member
introduction. However, when the container is introduced to a number of
classes I really enjoyed writing:

  declare parent: (A | B | C | D) implements Container

instead of the crosscutting (!!!) introduction

  declare parent: A implements Container
  declare parent: B implements Container
  declare parent: C implements Container
  declare parent: D implements Container

...maybe I am the only one who liked that, am I?

Stefan