Re: [aspectj-dev] Trigger snapshot build & deploy?

Andy,

I'm going to suggest that AJDT, as we have known it before any mention of
Java 1.8, be based on the AspectJ master (1.7.4) branch since the Java 1.8
support is still a ways off.  For AJDT with 1.8 support, I'm going to
suggest the creation of a temporary, mutually exclusive AJDT (AJDT4J18?)
that is specifically for Java 1.8 and based on the AspectJ 1.8 branch.

There should be separate eclipse update sites for AJDT and AJDT4J18 (and a
convenient update to STS & GGTS can help users make an informed choice and
prevent the simultaneous installation of AJDT & AJDT4J18). Once Java 1.8 and
AspectJ 1.8 go GA, AJDT4J18 would be deprecated (or removed entirely) and
AJDT would be changed to be based on AspectJ 1.8.

The alternative is to continue merging from master into the 1.8 branch,
which may or may not be desirable (your call).

WDYT?

-matthew