Re: [aspectj-dev] can aspectj pick out local variables?

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the information.
Do you know any good source code rewriter that I can use to track local variables?

Thanks!
-Gon

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Eric Bodden <eric.bodden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Gon.

No, AspectJ cannot do this. This is a more general problem: local
variables do not exist in bytecode. There are only stack locations.
Soot and the AspectBench Compiler can reconstruct local variables from
stack locations but those reconstructed variables do not always
correspond 100% to the variables in source code. I am not currently
aware of any "local-variable pointcut" implementation, exactly for
those reasons.

Eric

--
Eric Bodden
Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany