[aspectj-dev] How to find out if a bundle got successfully woven?

Hi

We are using SpringWeaver for loadtime weaving in Spring over Equinox AspectJ for handling transactional demarcation with spring annotations.

Finally we got it working reliable.
But the whole configuration is very fragile.

If a bundle with transactional annotations is missing some imported packages or the start levels are not correctly set the weaving does not take place but the bundle is loaded without errors and fully functional.
But in such a case the transactional annotations don't function and methods marked with the@Transactional  annotation are not handled and not running within a transaction.

Because this must be avoided I would like to test in the bundle activator's start method if the bundle has been processed successfully by the weaver?

There is a system output like

[org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj] info weaving bundle 'com.xy.vz'

or

[org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj] info not weaving bundle 'com.xy.vz'

if no weaving took place.

But I can't find a way to query this information at runtime.

Best regards
Peter Henzler

Back to the top