[aspectj-dev] MAJOR: New tool for aspect weaving in the Java Standard Library

Dear all,
  I'm pleased to announce MAJOR (release 0.5), a new tool for aspect weaving into the Java Standard Library (aka JDK classes)

 MAJOR allows you to weave standard AspectJ aspects into the JDK. It uses standard AspectJ weaver and compiler + advanced instrumentation provided by the FERRARI framework.  MAJOR also provides loadtime weaving (similar to aj5) for application code, and therefore ensures full method coverage.

The release also includes CARAJillo, which allows developers to efficiently access calling context information directly within aspects.

 Several samples showing the usefulness of weaving aspects into the JDK (profiling, testing, debugging, reverse engineering) are available in the release.

  MAJOR and CARAJillo will be presented in AOSD'09 Demo session.  http://www.aosd.net/2009/program/demos.php#d2

  MAJOR is available for download at http://www.inf.unisi.ch/projects/ferrari/Downloads.html

  If you have question, comments, bug reports, etc. please use major google group http://groups.google.com/group/major-tool

 We hope the tool will be useful to the community.

Cheers,

Alex, Walter, Philippe & Danilo

PS: Notice that weaving the full JDK takes some time (several minutes..), so be patient ;-)

Back to the top