--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | 1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com
nexB - Open by Design (tm) - http://www.nexb.com
http://easyeclipse.org - http://phpeclipse.net - http://eclipse.org/atf -
http://eclipse.org/vep - http://labs.jboss.org/drools/ -
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XULRunner

-----Original Message-----
From: aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dean Wampler
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:05 AM
To: AspectJ developer discussions
Cc: Dean Wampler
Subject: Re: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ version for JavaME

On Oct 18, 2007, at 2:35 AM, Chokchai Phatharamalai wrote:

Dear AspectJ developers,

   I'm working on Master Thesis of computer science at Asian Institute of
Technology in Thailand. I'm interested in optimizing AspectJ for fully
functional in JavaME. According to FAQ
(http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/faq.php#q:aspectjandj2me),
AspectJ's cflow and thisJoinPoint are not currently functional in JavaME
which lack of reflection and several classes in java.util package.
   I wonder if there is anyone who is working on this issue? If that so, I
may not be able to working on this as a master thesis, just normal
contribution is appropriate.

I suppose I would start by looking at "ad hoc" solutions based on Laddad's
"wormhole" pattern (http://www.manning.com/laddad/ and
http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=AspectOrientedRefacto
ringPart2) as a work around.

For example, to simulate cflow, you could write an aspect at the outer scope
that sets a flag indicating you are inside that scope, then write another
aspect that checks to see if the flag is set down in the lower scope, before
executing the advice. Similarly, since you don't have thisJoinPoint, you
could use the pattern to capture any data from the outer scope that you
need.

Hope this helps.

dean

Thank you for your kind reading and best regards,
Chokchai Phatharamalai
(Master student @ Computer Science, AIT)

Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
dean at objectmentor.com
http://www.objectmentor.com
See also:
http://www.aspectprogramming.com  AOP advocacy site
http://aquarium.rubyforge.org     AOP for Ruby
http://www.contract4j.org         Design by Contract for Java5

I want my tombstone to say:
  Unknown Application Error in Dean Wampler.exe.
  Application Terminated.
      [Okay]        [Cancel]

Back to the top