Re: [aspectj-dev] AspectJ version for JavaME

On Oct 18, 2007, at 2:35 AM, Chokchai Phatharamalai wrote:

Dear AspectJ developers,

   I'm working on Master Thesis of computer science at Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand. I'm interested in optimizing AspectJ for fully functional in JavaME. According to FAQ (http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/faq.php#q:aspectjandj2me), AspectJ's cflow and thisJoinPoint are not currently functional in JavaME which lack of reflection and several classes in java.util package.
   I wonder if there is anyone who is working on this issue? If that so, I may not be able to working on this as a master thesis, just normal contribution is appropriate.

I suppose I would start by looking at "ad hoc" solutions based on Laddad's "wormhole" pattern (http://www.manning.com/laddad/ and

For example, to simulate cflow, you could write an aspect at the outer scope that sets a flag indicating you are inside that scope, then write another aspect that checks to see if the flag is set down in the lower scope, before executing the advice. Similarly, since you don't have thisJoinPoint, you could use the pattern to capture any data from the outer scope that you need.

Hope this helps.

dean

Thank you for your kind reading and best regards,
Chokchai Phatharamalai
(Master student @ Computer Science, AIT)

Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
dean at objectmentor.com
See also:
http://aquarium.rubyforge.org     AOP for Ruby
http://www.contract4j.org         Design by Contract for Java5

I want my tombstone to say:
  Unknown Application Error in Dean Wampler.exe.
  Application Terminated.
      [Okay]        [Cancel]

Back to the top