[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[aspectj-dev] Packaging AspectJ 1.5.3 for Gentoo Linux
- From: "Jean-NoÃl Rivasseau" <elvanor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:55:45 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=TGeRBBMA3Q4YJXomNvJ06wmDClFr1R3lf8JoRXgRQNkXXaFHRjEBPxYEoiUTZ7OE7G7ypz44dJFTuAw9UGsENuV0uJXlnBrwY5SYX6WNsvSfiItNIdBE6c4us3xmNxJA0aVDEfZ8UNlub1K0FClIboHmu0Z4PjxWi6q0gnOsGh8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=IG6JGdn243f04+yjsjsNCQueL4GUFRDME4elJbcoOSD+AB7q6+UyG9YKvC8V4+q5p5xgNYHCB2ww+VhqQ71YdV8j30pJr7z5tWavT+/ePIcMuTnsu0N4Qlb6giFyDi1jvKynnRMFLgTAMhai8FxsA0PQUOFqWu+nNVFY3oq5d8w=
I am trying to build AspectJ from source
as I want to package it for Gentoo. The Gentoo packaging philosophy is
that everyhting must be built from source, and dependencies should be
taken from the system.
I checked out AspectJ 1.5.3 source from the Eclipse.org
CVS server. So far so good. But my first problem is that I noticed that
the AspectJ distribution ships a .jar of Apache BCEL, required for
building. This JAR file differs from the vanilla JAR file that we
produce under Gentoo, because the hierarchy in the bundled jar is
org.aspectj.apache.* whereas in the vanilla distribution it's
So the compilation fails. Did you actually modified the BCEL jar? And why??
would appreciate help for this packaging. Also I notified that
build.jar is required. Is it absolutely required for bootstrapping or
is there a way to build it from source, then use it to build the
remainder of AspectJ?