[aspectj-dev] pointcut diagnosis plug point

A user complained that it took a while to figure out why something like

   call(* *(one, two)) && args(one)

wasn't working.  It strikes me that there are some pointcuts that can
be statically analyzed for these kinds of errors.  For ease of development,
I'd like there to be a way to plug in analyzers and have them invoked on
selected messages (e.g., adviceDidNotMatch).  The analyzer would get a
reference to the world/pointcut after simplification and message sink.
Good analyzers could be contributed and incorporated.  This might also
be a way to evolve better LTW-specific messages.

Would that be good/hard?
Wes

Back to the top