Re: [aspectj-dev] [ajdt.core compiler]

We are in the midst of changing the build process because of some new
modules/features that have been created recently - however, I believe the
process is still currently in a working state.  I just tried it:

- Check out all projects in modules (except aspectj-attic and java5) folder
into a 3.1M6 workspace
- Set JAVA_HOME variable in the ajdoc project
- Set JRE15_LIB in the aspectj5rt project

At this point everything should build OK.

If you need a distribution, execute the build/build.xml module.  I always
do this from command line rather than in eclipse, but it should work either
way.  I set myself up with a 1.5 JDK and 1.6 ant then in the build
directory run 'ant clean' then 'ant' - this leaves me a new top level
module called aj-build which contains a dist/aspectj-DEVELOPMENT.jar which
can be installed directly.

However.... if the only reason you want to do all this is so that you can
find the AspectDeclaration/PointcutDeclaration and related types - you can
just put aspectjtools.jar on your classpath, then you'll be able to refer
to them.  aspectjtools.jar can be found in the lib directory of any AspectJ
install (it can not be found in AJDT).

I'm interested in why you think you need to build the
org.aspectj.ajdt.core?

regards,
Andy.

             Alex Vasc
             <altvex@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             aspectj-dev-bounc                                          cc
             es@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [aspectj-dev] [ajdt.core compiler]
             25/05/2005 13:37

             Please respond to
                 Alex Vasc
             <altvex@xxxxxxxxx
             >; Please respond
             AspectJ developer
                discussions
             <aspectj-dev@ecli
                 pse.org>

Hello everybody,
  I downloaded the ajdt source code from the CVS
"pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/technology" inside the folder
"org.aspectj/modules". I´ve tried to build the code following the
"Build and Test AspectJ" tutorial
(
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.aspectj/modules/build/readme-build-and-test-aspectj.html?cvsroot=Technology_Project&rev=HEAD
).
But, I didn´t get along. A ant build error is happening at <classpath
refid="ant.lib.path"/> when I try to run the build.xml inside the
build folder. The system cannot found this path.  Any thoughts? Is
this the right way?
  I´d like to build the org.aspectj.ajdt.core. I need to do some
refactoring in a .java file containing aspects, catching some
structures like AspectDeclaration, PointcutDeclaration and so on.
Where I could take the binaries to the classes? I think that compiling
the source code from cvs is the only way.
  Thanks!

Alexandre