Re: [aspectj-dev] AJ 5 @AJ and aspectOf

Since Wes seems to be suprised by my first post let me explain some

- APT = Annotation Processor Tool = see Java 5 doc, I am expect
aspectj-dev are familiar with most of the concepts around Java 5 (be
it semantics or tools around, like APT)

- @AJ aspect = I assume ones has read the AspectJ 5 developper
notebook. The @AJ aspect is the code name for the annotation style
syntax

- I usually use "*" (star) to emphasys on something like *that*, since
I don't write html emails and uses Bold style.

- we may do code gen if we need to do it. That s why I am discussing
that on the aspectj-dev. Raise your hand / ask question if you think
that s odd.
APT can actually be used for much more f.e. pointcut syntax checking
for @AJ aspect f.e.
It s is good to think about what we can do with it, especially as
regards @AJ aspects.

- the user benefit is as I describe: be able to use the aspectOf() API
with its @AJ aspect without requiring him to compile them with ajc and
further use them as a binary form (in which there is the aspectOf()
method)

Wes, I had no previous private discussion on that, and precisely wants
to start the discussion. Let me know if there is a better place for
this kind of discussion.

Alex