RE: [aspectj-dev] Pointcut overloading

We didn't add it because there was no compelling reason to do so.

We tried to avoid adding any feature for which there was no compelling
rationale.

Adding it also conflicts to some extent with another feature that
some have claimed would be nice, which is to not have to pass any
"args" at all to a user defined pointcut that requires them, when
you don't really want values.

At this point, out of consistency with call, execution and the other
primitive pointcuts it *probably* makes most sense to add pointcut
overloading and decide permanently against being able to drop the
args to a user defined pointcut that requires them.