Re: [aspectj-dev] Perobject (mini?)-bof at aosd?

count me in.

cheers,
Andy.

             Nicholas Lesiecki
             <ndlesiecki@yahoo
             Sent by:                  aspectj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             aspectj-dev-admin                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [aspectj-dev] Perobject (mini?)-bof
             07/03/2005 18:38          at aosd?

             Please respond to
             aspectj-dev@eclip
                  se.org

Hi folks,

Eric Bodden emailed me to express interest in discussing per* aspects
at AOSD. (See our earlier emails on this topic to the users' list for
background.)

> I was wondering if you will be attending the AOSD conference and if
> so if you would probably like to have another chat about perobject
> association and in particular about association aspects and what are
> its pro's and con's.
>
> Fact is that for my current project I need to have some
> implementation that is at least similar to what association aspects
> do. And since I am using the abc compiler for my implementation it
> would make sense to do things right in the first place, so that
> people can probably reuse it lateron - at least for the purpose of
> research if not in a productive environment as with ajc.

  I'm planning to get together with him so l thought I'd invite anyone
who was interested on this list to join us. I'm particularly interested
in the contributions of compiler developers and/or skeptics (Wes) who
might shed light on why the current implementation is superior to our
proposals. We were thinking of some time on Monday (afternoon or
evening) so as to avoid conflicting with the broader BOFs on Tuesday
and Wednesday...

(apologies for the terseness of this email, I'm typing with a broken
wrist)

Nicholas Lesiecki
Software Craftsman, specializing in J2EE,
Agile Methods, and aspect-oriented programming
m: 520 591-1849

Books:
* Mastering AspectJ: http://tinyurl.com/66vf
* Java Tools for Extreme Programming: http://tinyurl.com/66vt