[aspectj-dev] examples for extending the ASM

I've had several inquiries regarding how the ASM should be extended to
include additional program element nodes (e.g. all call sites) and
additional relations (e.g. from a type to any "declare parents" using it).
I recently committed some updates to make the both the element hierarchy
building and the relation mapping extensible.

As documentation I created 3 test cases that provide and use subclasses of
AsmHierarchyBuilder and AsmRelationshipProvider.  The easiest way to use
them is to check out:

  org.aspectj/modules/docs/sandbox/api-clients

as a project.  You'll find the examples in org.aspectj.samples.  For
convenience they can all be run as JUnit tests that provide command line
output of the structure they added.

Happy hacking,

Mik

P.S.  I'm on vacation until September 6th and won't be able to respond to
feedback until then.

--
http://kerstens.org/mik

Back to the top