Re: [aspectj-dev] -inpath ??

Hi Wes,

Thanks for your response.  I particular liked the statement:

"changing a compiler option has not made one responsible
 for all the downstream changes."

The option -inpath is now in the AspectJ codebase.  It
expects something like a classpath, so either directories
or jar files - the contents of which will be used as input
class files for the binary weaving process.  I basically
searched for where injars was being handled and added
inpath support.  Things I have done:

- Added inpath to the options processing code and
  on the AJDE interface for exposure to the tools.
- Supplied some testcases in AJDE module tests
- Enhanced the ANT task to support the option

Things I haven't done :

- Documentation
   - devguide updates
  - readme for 1.2?
  - ant doc updates

- Verified the ANT task enhancements
- Upgraded the harness for inpath testing.

It was a tricky business as the changes for it are so
crosscutting, touching multiple modules.  I didn't
want to wait until everything was done since it would
be a huge complex patch, so the minimum sensible piece
has been integrated first.

Any assistance from anyone out there with the other
todos would be appreciated :)

cheers,
Andy.

Wes Isberg <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>