RE: [aspectj-dev] Plan for AOSD release??

We've fixed all P1 and P2 bugs (and most lower priority bugs as well), so I believe that we are ready for a 1.1rc1 release in the next few days.

Adrian Colyer wrote:
> * ajcTests are showing just 1 failure for me now (both variants), test
> report file is attached.

This is an extremely nit-picky test that is checking consistent behavior for the source-lines of join points.  The case that is failing is the following:

Line 9 :  new
Line 10:   C()

The test case expects that a join point matched by call(C.new()) will have a source line #10 and you're seeing it reported as line #9.  The decision of which of these two lines to report is not very important, and we simply expose the choices made by the underlying eclipse compiler.  So, it's not very important that you're seeing different behavior here.

However, I can't come up with any explanation why this would be the case.  The build process for ajc is self-contained and you should be working with the exact same underlying eclipse libraries as I am, from the 'lib' module.  I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this same problem with this test case to see if we could isolate the cause.

You shouldn't let this stop you from doing a build and test in preparation for 1.1rc1.  I look forward to seeing your report on any issues encountered when I wake up tomorrow morning ;-)

-Jim

Back to the top