Re: [aperi-dev] Fw: SAN Simulator & aperi discovery/probe tutorial/video

Hello, Ramani.

We have done everything you mention below, but still no luck.

Here are the details:

"I have completely reinstalled the SRM on the client machine, but
still can't connect to the simulated CIMOM on the second machine.
I'm using the config based approach, and everything seems to be
running properly on the simulator side.  (Or how can I tell that, other
than the command window not showing errors?)  I'm definitely using
the right IP address.  Any other ideas?"

Thanks!

--Troy

Hi Troy,

Run "ipconfig" on the machine that has SAN Simulator installed on it and
use that IP address to register the CIMOM to Aperi SRM. As a sanity check,
try to ping the IP from your Aperi SRM machine.

I am assuming
      - for the simulator, you are selected "config based" approach and
device selection was storage subsystem DS6K/DS8K.
      - simulator is started by running the batch file.
Then, in the Aperi SRM CIMOM registration screen provide the i) IP address
ii) User: admin iii) Pwd: admin iv) Port: 5988 v)
InteropNamespace: /root/ibm vi) Protocol: HTTP

regards,
Ramani R. Routray
IBM Almaden Research Center

From: Michelle Lowe/Austin/IBM@IBMUSafter To: aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx Date: 06/20/2008 08:37 AM Subject: [aperi-dev] Fw: SAN Simulator & aperi discovery/probe tutorial/video

Team,
Can you advise Troy and Nick on their issue below or point them in the
right direction?

Thank you,
Michelle Lowe (formerly Cooper)
Tivoli Storage Product Marketing and Programs
mlowe@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Software Group, Tivoli Software
Phone: 512.286.3862 T/L: 966.3862
----- Forwarded by Michelle Lowe/Austin/IBM on 06/19/2008 04:07 PM -----
Troy Mott <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To 06/19/2008 03:42 PM Michelle Lowe/Austin/IBM@IBMUS cc Nicholas Chase <nchase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject Re: Fw: SAN Simulator & aperi discovery/probe tutorial/video

Hello, Michelle.

Nick (who I've copied) was able to install Aperi successfully (so
we now have the one machine with Aperi installed and the other with
the Simulator installed).

Nick managed to get the SRM installed, but when he tries to add a CIMOM
agent,
he gets the following error:

Error --
Server: localhost           Status: 12

6/19/08 2:04:25 PM GUI8101I: Connection test to CIMOM SAN FAILED due to
Unreachable

Nick has tried localhost, 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.3, 68.56.47.17, and
c-68-56-47-17.hsd1.fl.comcast.net
as the hostnames.  He has tried using port 5989, which comes up by
default, and 5988, which is in the video.

And yes, the server is started.

Do you have any suggestions for us?

Thanks!

--Troy