[aperi-dev] Fw: SAN Simulator & aperi discovery/probe tutorial/video

Team,
Can you advise Troy and Nick on their issue below or point them in the right direction?

Thank you,
Michelle Lowe (formerly Cooper)
Tivoli Storage Product Marketing and Programs

mlowe@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Software Group, Tivoli Software
Phone: 512.286.3862 T/L: 966.3862

----- Forwarded by Michelle Lowe/Austin/IBM on 06/19/2008 04:07 PM -----
Troy Mott <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/19/2008 03:42 PM

Michelle Lowe/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Nicholas Chase <nchase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: Fw: SAN Simulator & aperi discovery/probe tutorial/video

Hello, Michelle.

Nick (who I've copied) was able to install Aperi successfully (so
we now have the one machine with Aperi installed and the other with
the Simulator installed).

Nick managed to get the SRM installed, but when he tries to add a CIMOM
agent,
he gets the following error:

Error --
Server: localhost           Status: 12

6/19/08 2:04:25 PM GUI8101I: Connection test to CIMOM SAN FAILED due to
Unreachable

Nick has tried localhost, 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.3, 68.56.47.17, and
c-68-56-47-17.hsd1.fl.comcast.net
as the hostnames.  He has tried using port 5989, which comes up by
default, and 5988, which is in the video.

And yes, the server is started.

Do you have any suggestions for us?

Thanks!

--Troy