[aperi-dev] Tool Support

I have had three separate instances in the last two days of users contacting me directly to obtain support for tools.  They have downloaded one of our offerings, have had some difficulty using it and did not know who to contact for support.  My assumption has always been that if folks have problems with our tools, they would send email to aperi-dev.  However, in reviewing our home and download pages, it wasn't apparent to me that we explicitly point people to the mailing list for support.  This may be part of the reason why the ratio of our downloads to the users we hear from is low.  I suspect the mailing lists we consider business as usual are foreign to many users.  Given they don't know where to turn to for help, many users may give up.

I suggest we have a small campaign to beef up our web pages and documentation to clearly let users know how to obtain help when they run into problems.  The easier we make it, the better chance we have of hearing from them.  Comments?

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM ARC     408-927-2104     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx     http://www.eclipse.org/aperi/

Back to the top