[aperi-dev] Open Standards Workgroup Meeting Schedule

Hello, I've updated the Aperi wiki meetings page to add the following workgroup meetings (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Aperi_Open_Standards_Workgroups).

Launch in Context (LIC) Enablement

Schedule
- Every Other Wednesday at 1pm PT / 4pm ET starting Wednesday March 5.

Conference Call Information
- USA: 1-877-421-0030  / 1-770-615-1247  Participant Passcode: 111587

Objectives of Workgroup
- Create standard mechanism to enable registration and discovery of device launch points for LIC feature

Proposed Mechanism -- Extending the SNIA Access Points Subprofile
- The Access Points Subprofile describes entry points for element managers representing the entire device (single entry points)
- We need to extend the simple model to match LIC requirements

Areas of Discussion
- Specify means to bind device model with access points better
- Define LIC parameters to be registered
- Define authorization parameters (enable single sign-on) to be registered

Production Ready Task Force

Schedule
- Every Other Friday at 1pm PT / 4pm ET starting Friday Feb. 29.

Conference Call Information
- USA: 1-877-421-0030  / 1-770-615-1247  Participant Passcode: 111587

Objective of Workgroup
- The SNIA Production Ready Task Force was formed to examine practical, real-world techniques to make SMI-S work better for real products
- We have a lot of experience within Aperi related to client-side interaction with SMI-S Agents

Areas of Discussion
- Work together within the Aperi organization to identify issues and relate them back to the SNIA Production Ready Task Force
- Example Topics: backward compatibility (lack of test coverage); packaging, discovery, distribution and configuration of CIM Agents; vendor extensions (and versioning); scalability/performance; specification churn

CMDB Standardization

Schedule
- Every Other Thursday at 1pm PT / 4pm ET starting Thursday March 6.

Conference Call Information
- USA: 1-877-421-0030  / 1-770-615-1247  Participant Passcode: 111587

Objective of Workgroup
- Create a plan for componentizing the database repository of Aperi as a CMDB enabling a common repository between many storage and systems management applications

Areas of Discussion
- Work with DMTF CMDBf (federation) to help define the CMDB structure and interfaces
- The CMDB holds information that LIC uses to represent the overall flow from one application to another; determine how we can leverage this information
- System’s management tools like COSMOS also need a CMDB; working together with the COSMOS project ties our two projects together opening opportunities for cooperation on other areas as well
- The interfaces and structure of the CMDB provide a common event and data format that can be pushed down into the data sources.  This gives us an opportunity to provide real-world expertise into the SNIA Standard Messages and Common Event Formatting (e.g., WEF) domains.

--

Martine Wedlake, Ph.D.
SMI-S/CIM Storage and Aperi Architect

Back to the top