Re: [aperi-dev] IDVT: getHBAPortWWN() doesn't work on 2.6 kernel withrecent Qlogic driver

<OFA187D150.579B4ABD-ONC22573A5.00823367-C22573A5.0082B65A@xxxxxxxxxx>, Simona
Constantin <simona_constantin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Robert,

Hi Simona,

> On Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (2.6.9- 55.ELsmp), QLogic still
> creates the entries in /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/# .  So there should be a check

Good point, I tried to follow your convention FromSys() versus FromProc(),
and can make that change. The FibreChannel driver vendors are moving stuff out
of /proc and into /sys, especially to add e.g. N_Port_ID Virtualization support
(multiple virtual FibreChannel ports per adapter) is only being done via /sys, soon
this will be the only way it works, and I imagine that those drivers on RHEL5 are
working the same way. I will make that change and re-submit...

Is anyone on the Aperi project testing with RHEL? does the topology viewer
work there?

> and if the getHBAPortWWNFromSys could not retrieve the ctlr.ctlrHBAPortWWN
> then the getHBAPortWWNFromProc should be invoked.
>
> I don't know to answer  your questions:
> 1. what is missing from the model and why the computers and switches are
> not linked in topology viewer ?
> 2. from what file ( node_name or port_name ) should the WWN be read ?

Anyone?

Thanks,
Robert