Re: [aperi-dev] IDVT: getHBAPortWWN() doesn't work on 2.6 kernel withrecent Qlogic driver

<OF0B47C0B3.DB7F1337-ON882573A2.00678C6E-882573A2.00685D28@xxxxxxxxxx>, Tom
Guinane <guinane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If Simona can take a look at it during her Monday (in Europe) and provide
> a response, we could discuss this at our Monday development call and make
> a decision on whether to include in R0.4.

Thanks Tom,

I put some more info in the IDVT test report posted to aperi-dev
separately. While the fix below will store a fibre channel ID into the
Aperi model, and the topology viewer will then show that there
is an FCPort for the corresponding Computer, I am having trouble
figuring out how to fix things so that the Fabric viewer will also show
a link from the Computer to its Switch port. Please if anyone can
comment on how this is supposed to work, that will be very helpful,
what is supposed to be stored in this field of the model? and what in
the model is used to visualize the link from Computer to switch?

> -    private void getHBAPortWWN(StringBuffer buf,  Controller ctlr)
> +   private void getHBAPortWWNFromSys(String host, Controller ctlr)
> +   {
> +   /*
> +    * Open up fc_host node_name file and parse Port Number.
> +    */
> +      String myFile = "/sys/class/fc_host/" + host + "/node_name";

I guess this should be port_name (probably not node_name) ?

> +                                ctlr.ctlrHBAPortWWN = wwn;
> +                                ctlr.ctlrType = Controller.FCAL;

This at least stores something into ctlrHBAPortWWN (I've tried both
port_name and node_name from /sys/class/fc_host/host#/) but so far
I haven't been able to get the Topology viewer to diagram a link from
computer to its switch port

Fwiw, with no code changes at all, using the Interim build, there is
nothing stored for each Computer's FCPort, and the topology viewer will
show links from switch ports to "Unknown" computers...

Hth,
Robert

Back to the top