Re: [aperi-dev] Mishap with source versus binary checkins...

Robert,
good find. Yes, that would be great if you did that (compile and check in the linux binary).

Also,
I got this error while doing the build tonite. I'm not sure if it's you or not, but looks like the DevAccess object needs to be checked in with the change below (.daTargetportWWN is not a part of the file being built). Is this something you are aware of? If not, please let me know. I'll cut a build as soon as I get the notification from you.

[buildPlugin] ERROR - [ERROR] org\eclipse\aperi\agent\probe\ProbeLinux.java#802: devAccess.daTargetPortWWN cannot be resolved or is not a field

Todd Singleton
Software Engineer, Tivoli, IBM
Menlo Park, CA
email: toddsing@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for "Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>"Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          11/15/2007 09:43 PM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[aperi-dev] Mishap with source versus binary checkins...

Hi everyone,

I think I've overwritten sconstant's binary checkin of libDataAgent.so

9/14 rwipfel ProbeLinux.c 1.4
9/23 sconstant ProbeLinux.c 1.5
9/23 sconstant libDataAgent.so 1.9
9/26 rwipfel libDataAgent.so 1.10

My checkin to libDataAgent.so on 9/26, overwrote the C code changes
that sconstant made on 9/23 (because I compiled with my older C code).

I'm terribly sorry about this, iirc I had checked in the C code, but for
some reason not the compiled library, uhm, until later.

sconstant made changes in ProbeLinux.c which fix the same /proc/scsi
discovery issue I reported in bug 208708 - except I didn't realize that fix
had been made, until tonight, when I went to checkin ProbeLinux.c 1.6 and
found a conflict.

I suppose all that needs to happen is for the Linux binaries to be re-built
from HEAD source code and checked in again.

I have not done this, and am asking if you want me to? I guess interim
builds are not doing this - because I would not have found bug 208708 if
the binaries had been rebuilt from HEAD, with sconstant's fixes.

Uhm, I'm really sorry about this, I caused the problem by *not* checking in
the source code and compiled libraries at the *same* time.

Sorry,
Robert

P.S. I have not yet tested sconstant's code changes on my server, but
I think there might still be a problem, new code was added to ignore SCSI
VirtualDisk's but the device I had a problem with is a "Virtual Floppy"...

[2:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  Dell     Virtual  CDROM   123   /dev/sr0
[3:0:0:0]    disk    Dell     Virtual  Floppy  123   /dev/sdf

Testing HEAD code now...