[aperi-dev] Mishap with source versus binary checkins...

Hi everyone,

I think I've overwritten sconstant's binary checkin of libDataAgent.so

9/14 rwipfel ProbeLinux.c 1.4
9/23 sconstant ProbeLinux.c 1.5
9/23 sconstant libDataAgent.so 1.9
9/26 rwipfel libDataAgent.so 1.10

My checkin to libDataAgent.so on 9/26, overwrote the C code changes
that sconstant made on 9/23 (because I compiled with my older C code).

I'm terribly sorry about this, iirc I had checked in the C code, but for
some reason not the compiled library, uhm, until later.

sconstant made changes in ProbeLinux.c which fix the same /proc/scsi
discovery issue I reported in bug 208708 - except I didn't realize that fix
had been made, until tonight, when I went to checkin ProbeLinux.c 1.6 and
found a conflict.

I suppose all that needs to happen is for the Linux binaries to be re-built
from HEAD source code and checked in again.

I have not done this, and am asking if you want me to? I guess interim
builds are not doing this - because I would not have found bug 208708 if
the binaries had been rebuilt from HEAD, with sconstant's fixes.

Uhm, I'm really sorry about this, I caused the problem by *not* checking in
the source code and compiled libraries at the *same* time.

Sorry,
Robert

P.S. I have not yet tested sconstant's code changes on my server, but
I think there might still be a problem, new code was added to ignore SCSI
VirtualDisk's but the device I had a problem with is a "Virtual Floppy"...

[2:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  Dell     Virtual  CDROM   123   /dev/sr0
[3:0:0:0]    disk    Dell     Virtual  Floppy  123   /dev/sdf

Testing HEAD code now...

Back to the top