Re: [aperi-dev] Please review 'Aperi IntegratedDevelopment Verification Test Plan' based on Aperi Roadmap V7

Hi Robert,  Thanks for the info regarding the OS level needed to operate
Xen-based virtual machine.  At the meantime,  Aperi IDVT team does need
your help to do the regression tests on the Xen machine for the final R0.4
milestone build which is due at 11/19/2007 and we have two weeks
(11/30/2007)  to finish
the regression tests.

Hans H. Lin,  Tivoli SAN Software Development
IBM Almaden Research Center, California
Phone: 408-927-2286, Fax: 408-927-2040
email: linh@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Robert Wipfel"
             <rawipfel@novell.
             Sent by:                  "Aperi Development"
             aperi-dev-bounces         <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             @eclipse.org                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             10/31/2007 03:10          Re: [aperi-dev] Please review
             PM                        'Aperi IntegratedDevelopment
                                       Verification Test Plan' based on
                                       Aperi  Roadmap V7
             Please respond to
             Aperi Development
             <aperi-dev@eclips
                  e.org>

>>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at  3:59 PM, in message
<OFC270298E.F40DBE4C-ON85257385.0077D35F-88257385.0078BB52@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Hans
Lin <linh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dave,  I wish Robert Wipfel will not be mad of me.  Since IBM IDVT

Not at all ;-)

> doesn't have the Xen machine to do the regression tests on the final
Aperi

If you have SLES10 sp1 or RedHat Enterprise 5, then you have the built-in
ability to create Xen-based virtual machines by installing them the same
from
the OS DVD or network installation source, as you would a physical server.

E.g. for SLES10 sp1, see YaST -> Virtual Machines -> Create New VM...

> R0.4 milestone build,  we need to ask Robert to help us do the regression
> tests on his line item -  Running the agent inside a Xen Virtual Machine

Okay. No problem. I can help with that. When will the final build be ready
for regression testing, how long is the test period, and the tests should
be
run are as described in the IDVT?

Thanks,
Robert