Re: [aperi-dev] Road map development - additional requirements

Robert, I think the idea we had for a provider tool goes a step beyond the sblim project but does not duplicate it. Greg, do you agree or can you shed any further light on this idea.

Thanks,Brenda

Brenda Haynes
Director, Aperi Open Source Project
zStorage SW Product Management
IBM Software Group
bhaynes@xxxxxxxxxx
877-328-8470 T/L (930)-5127

Inactive hide details for "Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>"Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Robert Wipfel" <rawipfel@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: aperi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          09/14/2007 11:16 PM

          Please respond to
          Aperi Development <aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<aperi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Guinane/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Subject

Re: [aperi-dev] Road map development - additional requirements

"-  A tool for building CIM based providers"

Would that be?
http://sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net/Ecute

Thanks,
Robert

>>> Tom Guinane <guinane@xxxxxxxxxx> 09/13/07 1:48 PM >>>

As I prepared for the Road Map Update discussion for our Community meeting
today and started to prioritize our company's requirements from the Release
Planning list
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Release_Planning I noticed some items
were missing that we at IBM have been discussing.  I want to throw them
into the ring for consideration.  They are:

- The ability to launch one SRM application from another in context
- The ability to adopt components of the framework within an existing
application without needing to adopt the entire framework
-  A tool for building CIM based providers

I have added these to the Release Planning list.

Cheers,   Tom