Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi Agent and QLogic HBA on Linux

<04AE6D7E99B32647BC002EB534416A23061FA3A1@ibiza.office.orange.intra>, "CALIN
Cristian Andrei" <Cristian.Calin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since I failed to use the SMI- S agent in cooperation with Aperi I tried
> to give a try to Christoph's idea and use HBA.
>
> I have the following setup:
> Aperi- R04- 070709- 123559.zip
> Additional jar files added manually due to a problem running the
> automatic install through an http proxy.
>
> 1 production machine (call it serv1) connected to the SAN via QLogic
> Fiber Chanel Adapter
> 1 machine (call it aperitest) running a full installation of Aperi
> configured with Apache Derby DB
>
> qlremote HBA agent running on serv1
> java environment 1.5.0_12 on both nodes
>
> both machines are AMD64 running 32bit linux
>
> When I start the agent on srv1 it reports to the aperitest machine that
> it is online, and I can see it in the GUI but no
> HBA information is discovered.
>
> Can anybody tell me why there was no hba information discovered by the
> agent ?
> What aditional setup steps must I perform to get the Aperi agent to
> discover the HBA and report correct information to Aperi ?

What is in your /etc/hba.conf file?

It should be configured to point to QLogic's implementation of
the SNIA HBA API, which is a shared library that QLogic distributes
with their tools.

Hth,
Robert

Back to the top