[aperi-dev] Aperi Agent and QLogic HBA on Linux

Hello,

Since I failed to use the SMI-S agent in cooperation with Aperi I tried to give a try to Christoph's idea and use HBA.

I have the following setup:
Aperi-R04-070709-123559.zip
Additional jar files added manually due to a problem running the automatic install through an http proxy.

1 production machine (call it serv1) connected to the SAN via QLogic Fiber Chanel Adapter
1 machine (call it aperitest) running a full installation of Aperi configured with Apache Derby DB

qlremote HBA agent running on serv1
java environment 1.5.0_12 on both nodes

both machines are AMD64 running 32bit linux

When I start the agent on srv1 it reports to the aperitest machine that it is online, and I can see it in the GUI but no
HBA information is discovered.

Can anybody tell me why there was no hba information discovered by the agent ?
What aditional setup steps must I perform to get the Aperi agent to discover the HBA and report correct information to Aperi ?

The SAN switches were configured for in-band management using the following commands (I'm not sure if it was enough):
msplmgmtactivate
mstdenable "ALL"

Thank you!

Cristian Calin
UNIX System Administrator
cristian.calin@xxxxxxxxx
Feper, et. 4, B013
Bd. Dimitrie Pompei, Nr. 8
Sector 2, Bucuresti

--

*****DISCLAIMER*****

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Orange Romania S.A. is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.

*****END OF DISCLAIMER*****

Back to the top