Re: [aperi-dev] content draft for Linux Technical Review article

<OFD7831B2A.3788F72F-ONC12572D1.006FAEB7-C12572D1.0073D750@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Christoph Reichert <Christoph.Reichert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Introduction/ standards based Storage Management
> * Problems with mutiple vendor and product specific Management applications
> * the Storage Networking Association (SNIA)
> * Storage Management Standardisation of the SNIA Storage Management
> Initiative (SMI- S)
> * base technologgies: DMTF- WBEM, Common Information Model (CIM), xmlCIM and
> CIM over HTTP
> * Prerequisites: CIM Provider/CIMOM and CIM Client

Might it also also be worth mentioning
some related open source CIM-standard
efforts, e.g.

Aperi uses the sblim SLP/CIM Java client
http://sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net/

An open source Linux CIMOM
http://www.openwbem.org

www.omc-project.org
Open Management with CIM is
an open source project that implements
various layered CIM related standards, like
SMASH, CLP and host-side SMI-S providers.

> Aperi overview
> * The Eclipse Aperi project: Vision, history, members, Eclipse Foundation

Portability, supported platforms etc.

> Please let me know if you think something is missing or should be omitted.

Use cases: e.g. if you are building a SAN in order
to create a high availability cluster; then Aperi is a
great tool for assigning SAN storage to clustered
servers.

Hth,
RObert

Back to the top