[aperi-dev] content draft for Linux Technical Review article

Hello,

here is my list of topics for the Aperi article for the Linux Technical
Review magazin.
At least I want to mention all points below in the article, I can and will
not go  for each of them into detail.

Introduction/ standards based Storage Management
* Problems with mutiple vendor and product specific Management applications
* the Storage Networking Association (SNIA)
* Storage Management Standardisation of the SNIA Storage Management
Initiative (SMI-S)
* base technologgies: DMTF-WBEM, Common Information Model (CIM), xmlCIM and
CIM over HTTP
* Prerequisites: CIM Provider/CIMOM and CIM Client

Aperi overview
* The Eclipse Aperi project: Vision, history, members, Eclipse Foundation
* Aperi architecture and components: Server, GUI, agents, database
* Technology: Java, OSGi and Eclipse platform
* functionality: discovery and management of storage, fabric/switch,  tape
and hosts, topology-Viewer, reporting
* Extensibility of Aperi

 Workshop/Step by Step
* installation of Aperi Server (on Linux), high-level only
* installaion of Aperi Agent
* Discovery of Storage devices and Fabric/Switches
* Probe of Storage Device and Fabric
* Display in topology view
* create volume and assign to host

For the workshop, I want to use the Aperi 0.3 version for the instructions
and screenshots, any concerns with this?

Please let me know if you think something is missing or should be omitted.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards

Christoph Reichert

Storage Software Development, Eclipse Aperi Project
IBM Deutschland, Mainz, Germany
Phone: +49-6131/84-5962, Fax: -6099
mailto:Christoph.Reichert@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hans Ulrich Maerki
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Rudolf Bauer, Christian
Diedrich, Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Thomas Fell, Michael
Diemer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top