Re: [aperi-dev] Aperi Development Architecture/Design Meeting Agenda 4/25

Attendees:
Dave Wolfe, Todd Singleton, Christoph Reichert, Tom Guinane, Jenny Monesson, Rodica Ciurea, Chris King, John Crandall, Craig Laverone

1) Interesting news and events relevant to Aperi technical development
       a) Eclipse and SNIA partnership - what does it mean in terms of Aperi Development Architecture/Design?

                Tom: SNIA management framework technical working group, SMI-S extensions. We should watch that. Only member companies can participate.
                John: Dwayne Baldwin and John are on the working group. Architecture doc due soon. Will find out when doc available to non-SNIA members. There will be a feedback portal for comments with IP protection. Maybe available by July?

        b) New requirements for Conforming Incubation Phase projects?
                Steps 1-3 done, 5-6 done (thanks Christoph), still need a calling on the download site from Tom, then we get our golden egg.

2) The current release (V0.3)
       a) SWT Browser issues and Go/NoGo Decision?

                Tom, Dave et al: defer Go/NoGo to Monday. Prepare the mitigation code just in case. Chris needs to know ramifications.

       b) JNDI data sources and reports?

                Dave: NoGo, no objections

3) The next release (V0.4)
       a) R4 work items and designs?

                John Crandel: How do we control documents? Do submissions?
                Tom: Took WI to bring up at Monday meeting to form a committee.
                Chris: Offered to write up some processes be on committee.

4) Beyond releases: Aperi SRM trends and futures
        a) Milestone releases?
                Dave: What is the possibility of doing milestone releases to get functionality out before major releases? To be discussed at Monday meeting...

Tom: please let him know of any other additions to the IP list for V0.3
Dave: promised to review Craig's list (pun) and see if anything else needs to be added

If I missed anything or anyone please let me know so I can make amends...

Dave Wolfe/Portland/IBM (dwolfe@xxxxxxxxxx) TL: 775-3376 Office: 503-578-3376 Personal: 503-329-3960

UI Technical Lead, Aperi Open Source Storage Management http://www.eclipse.org/aperi

"A good composer does not imitate; he steals." - Igor Stravinsky

Back to the top