Re: [aperi-dev] V0.3 SWT Browser Widget on Linux Client Go/NoGo Decision

Dave, thanks for clarifying the situation with the SWT Browser widget. I'm wondering if we have gotten any advice or input from the Eclispe SWT project on the likelihood of fixing this issue in a few days. We think this is a bug in their code or an issue with how we exploited their code?
Also a question on the NoGo recommendation: Do we actually have to remove code or do we put this down as a known restriction for now? I think you are suggesting we actually end up continuing the work on r0.3 to sort this out but call r0.3 done with this function removed?

I'd also comment that I think some of the vendors participanting in Aperi are very interested in the idea of being able to have a seamless interface that includes web based interface and a rich client interface.

I'd personally probably tend toward trying to spend a few more days seeing if we can sort this out. Open to other opinions and ideas.
Thanks Brenda

Brenda Haynes
Director, Aperi Open Source Project
zStorage SW Product Management