[aperi-dev] New requirements for Conforming Incubation Phase projects

Per our discussion at Monday's development call, here is the list of new requirements for a conforming Eclipse project in the Incubation Phase (what we are):

- - - - -
All conforming Incubation phase Eclipse projects are eligible to participate in the Parallel IP process. A conforming project:
1.        Is in the Incubation phase.
2.        Correctly displays the incubation logo on their project home page.
3.        Correctly displays the same incubation logo on their project's primary download page.
4.        All downloadable zip files for builds and milestones must include the word "incubation" in the filename. For example, DSF-SDK-incubation-N20070413-0200.zip
  • The jar files in the download zip file are not required to contain the word "incubation" in the filename. (See bug 178944 for the explanation.)
5.        All "Bundle-Name"s must include the world "incubation". Note that "Bundle-SymbolicName"s should not include "incubation" because the Bundle-SymbolicName is a technical namespace, not a user namespace. For example, Bundle-Name: Foo Plug-in (Incubation)
6.        Similarly, the names for update manager features must include the word "incubation". For example, Eclipse Platform (Incubation)
- - - - -

We currently conform to items 1 thru 3.  If we can easily address items 4 thru 6 while we are building our 0.3 Release, then I would say do it..  If not, I suggest we put out R0.3 out first, then address.   Any recommendations from the build folks?

Cheers,   Tom
Tom Guinane     Aperi Project Lead     IBM     408-284-4795     guinane@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top