[aperi-dev] Build breaks

The recent addition of the org.eclipse.aperi.messaging.events caused our nightly build to fail. I've fixed this, but remember, if you add a plugin, you must ensure the nightly build works.

Here are the steps:

1 - Make sure the IDE build works. I'm sure you'll take care of this automatically. Update the aperi.psf file and tell aperi-dev that you've done so.
2 - Update the nightly build:
        - Your new plugin needs to be extracted: add it to Aperi/build.tools/extract.pl
        - It'll need a build.xml. Select your plugin's MANIFEST.MF, right click, PDE Tools->Create Ant Build File
        - It needs to get built. Modify Aperi/plugins.xml. Make sure you build it before anything that depends on it (and after anything it depends on).
        - Any plugins that are dependent on your new plugin need to have their dependencies modified. Visit and modify each of their build.xml files.
        - That should be it. Test it in your local filesystem ('ant clean_plugins' and 'ant build_plugins' should do the trick).

It really doesn't take any expertise in build.xml files or perl scripts to do this -- you should be able to just open the files and see what you need to do by copying what's there. I'll be glad to help with any questions you have.... And once we get to a PDE-based build this won't be a problem any more.

--
Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853

Back to the top