Re: [amp-dev] BIRT reports External library Integration

Hi Tony,

I'm glad too! A meta-comment first.. :) I'm wondering if you could clone the BIRT question over to the forum..as it is user focussed other users are more likely to be find it there.

WRT to integrating libraries, that is absolutely a use case that ween a lot of thoguht to. want to support well. Of course theree are many ways to integrate, but if you are thinking of integrating them as functions, then that is something that I have given a bunch of thought to. AMP doesn't quite support that out of the box yet but there are actually not that many steps involved in adding one. But it would also be worth taking a look at making the process more general as that would help users add libraries in ad hoc.

The general requirements for a function library are simply that they have static methods. Generally speaking these methods should just take Java primitives -- though it is possible to use library objects that would require library specific template code and would not be easy to generalize.

btw, Weka is GPL so unfortunately you'd have IP issues there..

cheers,

Miles