[alf-dev] Fwd: draft of use case details for building a change request

Title: Fwd: draft of use case details for building a change reque

Here is the discussion starting point.

Subject: draft of use case details for building a change request
To: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Doug Fierro <dfierro@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:24:50 -0500
Steve- here is what I have so far attached. As you can see, even with this simple use case, some questions came to mind regarding how much validation we want ALF to perform, or another service in general doing a sanity check on a given request. It is the old debate engineering/design teams ponder, do we let people shoot themselves in the foot, or do we not question a request and do exactly as the user asks?

We can talk more on the call.

(See attached file: Build a Change Request use case.doc)

Doug Fierro
Director of Product Management
IBM Rational Build Forge
dfierro@xxxxxxxxxx