[alf-dev] Re: ALF administration requirements

Per today's requirements meeting we have decided

- We won't put safeguards on ALF administration capabilities for version
1.0. These safeguards can be put in place through native security on the
server hosting the ALF server-side components.
- For the POC we can associate events with service flows through the use of
a configuration file of some sort. However, for version 1.0, this feature
should have an interface.
- For the POC we can use a configuration file to define the list of
available service flows and events. However, for version 1.0 we will need an
interface of some sort that lists the available events and the available
service flows.
- For the POC we can use a configuration file to publish service flows. For
version 1.0 we should have a publish service to move service flows from 'in
development' to 'in production.'
- We will create script files that allow users to start and stop ALF. Under
the covers, this means we need to start and stop the broker service and the
BPEL engine. Since we won't always know the commands to use for the BPEL
egine, we will publish the script with the commands for the example
implementation, with notes explaining how to modify the script for use with
other BPEL engines.
- Logging parameters - Whatever Log4J specifies is fine. We should recommend
users consider TPTP's profiling tools to consolidate logs from the ALF event
broker, the BPEL engine and any of the tools.
- We didn't get to SPI registrations this week.

shaw
"Kelly Shaw" <kshaw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> What administration requirements does ALF have?
>
> - Administrator administration - not everyone should be able to register
> events or associate events with service flows.
> - List available event subscriptions
> - List available service flows
> - Associate events with service flows
> - Start and stop ALF
> - Logging parameters
> - SPI registrations?
>
> Does everyone agree with this list? What else should be on the list?

Back to the top