[alf-dev] Re: ALF UDDI requirements

Per today's requirements meeting we have decided that we won't mandate the
use of UDDI within ALF. We will recommend its use for large organizations
with many and varied services as a way to organize these services, but won't
deliver it with ALF. At least not ALF 1.0.

The question of allowing 3rd party vendors to register services on the ALF
site is another matter. We will continue these discussions on the newsgroup.

"Kelly Shaw" <kshaw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Looking at the UDDI spec, I'm not certain if we should include it as a
> standard part of ALF. Sure, UDDI would be handy to have around to
categorize
> and organize available web services, but is that a requirement for ALF? I
> don't think so since anyone can build a BPEL service flow without having
> their web services organized.
>
> We should spend our available time and resources on features that are
> necessary, so I suggest we drop UDDI from ALF version 1.0.
>
> However, I believe we should stand up a UDDI service on the ALF site so
> vendors and other contributors can register their services.
>
> What does everyone else think?

Back to the top