Re: [albireo-dev] GTK AWT modal dialog fixes

Hi Gordon,

On 2008-03-06 you wrote:
> The code to handle AWT modal dialogs has been updated to work better in
> GTK. The events we can use to redirect focus from SWT to the modal
> dialog are different in GTK than in Windows, and I have made the
> necessary changes. Modal dialogs generally behave better now, but there
> is probably more work to be done. I believe there are still problems
> under KDE that I'll be debugging soon

I'm using KDE with a "focus follows mouse" policy", and I don't see the
endless fight over the focus that you mentioned on 2008-03-07.

What I see, is nearly perfect, only one minor problem:
  - Choose the "Dialogs > Open Simple Swing Dialog" action.
  - Move the mouse out of the dialog's area, to the Eclipse Shell area.
    The part of Eclipse Shell area that would have gotten the focus flickers.
    It is as if the Eclipse Shell got the focus for a small moment, and
    Albireo then again requests the focus for the dialog.
  - When I do the same with an SWT dialog (e.g. Window > Preferences), there
    is no flickering.

The Shell.bringToTop method has not enlightened me so far about the mechanism
that SWT dialogs use to avoid that the shell gets focus.

Bruno

Back to the top