Re: [albireo-dev] GTK AWT modal dialog fixes

Gordon Hirsch wrote:
I believe there are still problems
under KDE that I'll be debugging soon,

I know what's happening now.

Under KDE, our attempts to keep a modal AWT dialog visible are prevented by KDE's focus stealing prevention feature. Unless the prevention level is configured as "None", when we try to activate the AWT dialog, KDE intervenes and re-activates the original SWT shell. Unfortunately, we immediately try again to activate the AWT dialog, so the fight over focus continues indefinitely.

I don't know any way around this problem other than

1) recommend that focus stealing prevention be disabled for applications using Albireo. (It is possible to selectively disable it.) And,

2) make it possible for client code to disable this modal dialog activation feature in Albireo. Note that the AWT dialogs will still be modal, but it will become possible for the disabled SWT shell to cover (i.e. hide) them.

This sounds workable to me, but better alternatives are certainly welcome.

I'm not sure why KDE considers the AWT dialog to be stealing focus when it is opened from the same process as the original SWT shell.

Back to the top