[ajdt-dev] Using AJDT to modify an RCP plugin post-compile

Hello,

We are working to extend / modify a closed-source RCP application based on Eclipse 3.2.

Our idea was to use AspectJ to introduce some interfaces and their implementations to existing classes, and then use the interfaces to interact with the application. That way our new code only needs to know about the interfaces.

We don't want to use load-time weaving: the modified classes would be compiled and packaged separately such that they would be loaded in preference to their original versions.

Is this possible using AJDT?

tia,
Tom SW

Back to the top