[ajdt-dev] Problem with Project dependency / Aspect Path in Eclipse

Hello all,

just hit a strange behaviour; could you please tell me if I did something
wrong or maybe if it's a known problem?

Currently, I'm about to reorganise a huge (AspectJ) project in Eclipse,
to split it into a series of dependent projects. Now, the very basic set
"Commons" contains some Aspects, which need to be applied to the other parts.

Thus, in the dependant project (lets call it "Part1", I went to AspectJ Build > Aspect Path. There I selected "Add Project" and checked my "Commons" project

Anyhow, building Project "Part1" then caused the message "The project was not
built since it depends on Part1, which has build path errors". After some
tinkering I found out that I can use "Add class folder" to specify the
bin folder of Project "Commons", which then yields the desired result.

But this seems a bit of a hack, when actually what I want is to declare
a first-class dependency on the "Commons" project. Am I missing something here?

Cheers,
Hermann Vosseler

Back to the top