From: ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ajdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Matt Chapman
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:55 AM
To: AspectJ Development Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [ajdt-dev] CVS HEAD & Eclipse 3.3

Hi Ron,

It's too early to say how much changes in eclipse 3.3 will help AJDT -
we will certainly continue to push on various issues, such as better
PDE integration for generating build files. But most issues can
probably be addressed from within AspectJ + AJDT, including the ones
you mention. There will be a 1.4.1 release for 3.2 around the time of
AspectJ 1.5.3, and this will contain all those AJDT changes which
don't explicitly require 3.3. Our multi-branch release streams allow
us to churn out AJDT releases for each Eclipse version for as long as
there is demand for them.

Regards,

Matt.

On 10/08/06, Ron Bodkin <rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> I'm curious whether there's anything slated for 3.3 that will help AJDT?
I'd
> sure like to see continued enhancements for 3.2, most notably avoiding
> continuous recompiles(*) and allowing better incremental compilation
> (especially when there are errors: I truly dread syntax errors when
working
> with multiple projects). Will ajdt1_4 continue to get these and other
> usability enhancements? I'd sure like to continue getting dev builds for
> 3.2. I suspect that very few users are working on 3.3 milestone builds
yet.

> (*) I still need to try to simplify my environment so you can recreate
this
> problem. I am waiting for an AspectJ bug fix to make its way into a dev
> build of AJDT so I can reproduce with a recent dev build.

On