RE: [ajdt-dev] Re: Slow Build and Clean Times ... Where To Start?

Yes, the last field of the version is a date/timestamp, so that build is
from 5 Oct, prior to 1.2.0M1. But I'm fairly sure that it has the build
time classpath resolver in it, making bug 70000 not relevant here. I'm not
specifically aware of any changes since then that might affect you, but if
you want to upgrade, the latest development builds should be okay. The
development update site is:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ajdt/30/dev/update

It would also be useful to know the number of lines of code you have, to
see if we can scale up the measurements I made on a smaller project, as
reported in bug 44215. A 512m heap sounds too small to me, for a project
that big. If you have the available physical ram, I suggest increasing the
heap to see if that makes the build any faster.

Regards,

Matt.

ajdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 30/11/2004 22:54:50:
> We have a large number of small projects.  About 300 I think.  I would
guess
> we have a complicated dependency tree.  I didn't design things this way
I've
> just inherited the structure =).  It looks as if we are using a custom
build
> of 1.2
>
> org.eclipse.ajdt.ui_1.2.0.20041005173154
>
> from the looks of things back in October.  Has the 1.2 line always had
the
> wrapper or could we have an older version before you added it?  I don't
> think memory is completely the issue.  I have the heap set at 512megs
right
> now and things still take 2-3 hours on a full build clean.  I don't
think
> even 500megs of code should take that long =). I'll try turning off the
> structure view and running things tonight to see if that has an effect.
>
> Scott

Back to the top