Re: [ajdt-dev] NullPointerException while using AJDT with EJB project

Hi Edwin,

It looks like you have hit a known bug concerning interop of the AJDT and the WSAD EJB Deploy plug-ins. The problem is actually in the EJB Deploy tooling (it makes a hard coded assumption about the project builder) and has been reported to their development team. Your mail has prompted me to go and chase the problem up with them.

Sorry, but to the best of my knowledge, there is no workaround for this if you absolutely must pre-deploy your beans inside WSAD. Until the pre-deploy tooling gets fixed I have just been leaving the EJB deploy step until I install the EAR to the appserver.

Best regards,
George
George C. Harley

Edwin_Park@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: ajdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/06/2004 19:39

Please respond to
ajdt-dev

ajdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[ajdt-dev] NullPointerException while using AJDT with EJB project

Hi,

I am trying to add aspects to some EJB code using AJDT 1.1.4 and WSAD 5.1.1. The building/weaving appears to work fine, but when I try generating the deploy/RMIC code, I get an error window titled "Cannot Generate Deployment Code" with the following content:

Deployment of MyEJB did not complete successfully due to the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

       at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)

       at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)

       at java.lang.NullPointerException.<init>(NullPointerException.java:63)

       at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.plugin.JavacOperation.run(JavacOperation.java:86)

       at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.javac(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java:483)

       at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.run(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java:561)

       at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)

       at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRunnableWithProgress.run(DeployRunnableWithProgress.java:92)

       at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

The only way I can get the EJB code generation to work again is to remove the AspejctJ nature.

I tried splitting my aspect code into a separate project from my EJB code, but then the EJB code does not show up in the Aspect Visualizer.

Is there a way to A) get the AspectJ nature and EJB code generation to coexist peacefully, or B) have the Aspect Visualizer display code that lives in a different project?

Thanks,

Edwin

Back to the top