[ajdt-dev] NullPointerException while using AJDT with EJB project

Hi,

I am trying to add aspects to some EJB code using AJDT 1.1.4 and WSAD 5.1.1. The building/weaving appears to work fine, but when I try generating the deploy/RMIC code, I get an error window titled "Cannot Generate Deployment Code" with the following content:

Deployment of MyEJB did not complete successfully due to the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
        at java.lang.NullPointerException.<init>(NullPointerException.java:63)
        at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.plugin.JavacOperation.run(JavacOperation.java:86)
        at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.javac(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java:483)
        at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeansOperation.run(DeployRMICBeansOperation.java:561)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)
        at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRunnableWithProgress.run(DeployRunnableWithProgress.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

The only way I can get the EJB code generation to work again is to remove the AspejctJ nature.

I tried splitting my aspect code into a separate project from my EJB code, but then the EJB code does not show up in the Aspect Visualizer.

Is there a way to A) get the AspectJ nature and EJB code generation to coexist peacefully, or B) have the Aspect Visualizer display code that lives in a different project?

Thanks,
Edwin

Back to the top